In episode #106 we talk about getting starting with coding in Drupal.
- Drupal 8 RC1
- NEDCamp Recap
- Practice Practice Practice
- Earth Exchange
- Webform Hidden Fields
- Views Template
- Anatomy of a Module
MODULE OF THE WEEK
Workbench - https://www.drupal.org/project/workbench
Workbench provides overall improvements for managing content that Drupal does not provide out of the box. Workbench gives us three important solutions:
- a unified and simplified user interface for users who ONLY have to work with content. This decreases training and support time.
- the ability to control who has access to edit any content based on an organization's structure not the web site structure
- a customizable editorial workflow that integrates with the access control feature described above or works independently on its own
These features benefit the end users as well as Drupal Site Administrators and Technical Support.
For Drupal Developers and Site Builders, Workbench provides several additional benefits:
- a modular architecture: only install and enable the modules you want
- extensibility: we would love to see more integration with other Drupal modules (in fact we have our eyes on Scheduler and Workflow modules and improvements for Asset Management)
- Stephen Cross - www.ParallaxInfoTech.com @stephencross
- John Picozzi - www.oomphinc.com @johnpicozzi
- Nic Laflin - www.nLightened.net @nicxvan
Direct download: TalkingDrupal106.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00pm EDT