Today we are talking about the a new Drupal Book Modernizing Drupal 10 Theme Development, What’s new in Drupal 10 theming, and tools that can help speed up theming with guest Luca Lusso. We’ll also cover Admin Dialogs as our module of the week.
For show notes visit:
- Why write a book about Drupal theming
- How does the book modernize theming
- Who is the book for
- Do you have to have a certain level of knowledge to start
- What are some new aspects of Drupal 10 that are covered in the book
- Does the book talk about:
- Native Web Components
- What tools outside of Drupal do you talk about
- How did you conduct your research
- Do you have plans to keep the github updated
- How long did it take to write the book
- Tech moves quickly, what is the shelf-life of the book
- Future editions
- Purchase from Amazon or Packt
- Plans for another book
Nic Laflin - nLighteneddevelopment.com nicxvan
John Picozzi - epam.com johnpicozzi
Melissa Bent - linkedin.com/in/melissabent merauluka
Jacob Rockowitz - @jrockowitz
- Brief description: (from the maintainer)
- Brief history
- How old: Created on May 2023
- Versions available: 1.0.x stable release
- Last release: 1.0.17 - July 12, 2023
- Actively maintained? Yes
- Number of open issues: 6
- Test coverage
- No test coverage
- Module is fairly simple and easy to manually test
- Code quality is very good
- Usage stats:
- Module features and usage
- Comes with the ability to add modal or off-canvas dialogs to different links in Drupal.
- Easy to use. Most features available after installing the module.
- Adds controls dialog type for operation links like Edit, Delete etc.
- Adds and controls dialog type for local tasks.
- Adds and controls dialog types for local actions.
- Ability to add dialogs via specified A tag paths.
- Ability to add dialogs via specifying CSS selectors (classes and IDs).
- Adds option to control delete button dialog.
- You can add support for your modules by adding configs created in the module.
- Experimental: Add loading spinner to form submit elements on form submit.
- The module does one thing and does it really well
- Require no initial configuration.
- Worth reviewing common administration tasks for contributed modules and deciding if a modal dialogs or sidebar can improve the admin UX.