On today’s show we are talking about Single Directory Components in Drupal, How they differ from Web Components, and what are their benefits with guest Mateu Bosch & Mike Herchel. We’ll also cover Component Libraries: Theme Server as our module of the week.
For show notes visit:
- What are Single Directory Components?
- Where did the idea of adding Single Directory Components to Drupal come from?
- Where does support for this stand in Drupal Core? Fully supported? Still need a contrib module?
- How do they differ from Web Components? (Mike will take this one)
- How does Single Directory Components make Drupal Theme development easier?
- What is the point of creating a schema for an SDC?
- Can modules or themes override SDCs? How?
- Can SDC be integrated into component library systems like Storybook? How?
- Any other helpful contrib modules that enhance SDCs?
- Does this at all help a headless?
- How can someone get involved or help contribute to Single Directory Components?
Single Directory Components
SDC Slack Channel (Components channel in Drupal Slack)
Drupal Board Elections
Mike Herchel - herchel.com @mikeherchel
Mateu Bosch - mateuaguilo.com
Nic Laflin - nLighteneddevelopment.com nicxvan
John Picozzi - epam.com johnpicozzi
Andy Blum - andy-blum.com - andy_blum
Module of the Week
with Martin Anderson-Clutz - @mandclu
Component Libraries: Theme Server
This module lets you use component libraries, like Storybook, in your Drupal project, without Twig.js!