Today we are talking about Accessibility with Rain Breaw Michaels.
- We are talking about Accessibility today, but specifically gearing the conversation towards developers. Why?
- So many people when coding for accessibility simply provide workarounds. Why can this be dangerous?
- What is ARIA?
- What is meant by the term Landmarks?
- How does this apply to dev’s working with Drupal?
- What modules do you recommend?
- How can you help content editors maintain accessibility while adding content?
- What are common pitfalls you see devs make
- In closing, is there anything you would like to add?
Module of the Week
Anti Spam by CleanTalk
Clean Talk - Geerling’s Post
Anti-spam by Clean Talk
Driven to Distraction
Design of everyday things (Book)
ColorCube - Color Testing Tool
HTML 5 Landmarks
Module for decorative images
Content Strategy for the Web
PDF Accessibility course on Deque
Hanlon’s Razor: “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”
Rain Breaw Michaels - @rainbreaw
Nic Laflin - www.nLighteneddevelopment.com @nicxvan
John Picozzi - www.epam.com @johnpicozzi
Chad Hester - www.chadkhester.com @chadkhester