In episode #131 we talk about interfacing your Drupal website with third party APIs.
Listen or Watch
Tips of the Week
- Nic - sign up for Talking Drupal’s new Newsletter to receive bonus material at www.talkingdrupal.com
- John - Consider upgrading your Mac before buying a new one. A Memory upgrade and/or solid state drive can make an old machine new again.
- Stephen - Look for local meet ups. It’s a great place to learn and make new Drupal friends.
- What is an API? A contract between two applications.
- Client side vs server side access to third party APIs
- Evaluating APIs
- Is the API well documentation.
- Use tools to test the API before you invest time in writing code - (chrome extensions) Advances REST Client, Postman
- Relationship with company providing the API. Do you have access to technical support?
- Authentication - authentication methods, depends of the API
- Interested in an API - look for a Drupal modules first, before coding one yourself
Module of the Week
CKEditor Anchor Link for Drupal 8
The Drupal 8 Core CKEditor is missing some very important options.
Stephen Cross - www.ParallaxInfoTech.com @stephencross
John Picozzi - www.oomphinc.com @johnpicozzi
Nic Laflin - www.nLightened.net @nicxvan
Direct download: TalkingDrupal131.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00pm EST